Friday, October 03, 2014

Sorry I've Been Absent!

http://marketingdigest.com/squidoo-acquired-by-hubpages-content-migration-begins-in-a-few-weeks/
Hi there,

Not sure who is reading this blog anymore, as I have been out of the picture for so long.  I had several family events that kept me really busy the last almost two years, one of which being that I had another child.  There is a lot to update you on!  First and foremost, as you can see I am no longer a Squid, since Squidoo merged with HubPages I am now a Hubber.  (To find out more you can visit this blog: http://www.mywritingblog.com/2014/08/the-squidoo-merger-with-hubpages-and.html)  I feel like I am back at square one.  All of my articles (lenses are now called hubs) have been switched over, but there are different criteria that you must follow on HubPages than that of Squidoo.  If you are in the same boat some of the fellow hubbers shared this link that can help you: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents.  At this point, I just want to be able to jump in where I left off, but there are several of my articles that have violations now due to having too many products or links.  It took me a year or two to really get the hang of Squidoo and I want to have a faster learning curve with HubPages, but thus far the process is going slow.  Fellow Squids, myself included, are finding that it is difficult to get accepted for Google Adsense right now.  You must have an account with them in order to earn on Hubpages, which means I haven't been earning anything since the merger - wish someone would have shared that little tid bit when this all took place, especially as many of my articles are centered towards the holidays.  I don't feel like the community is as close and helpful as Squidoo either and I miss getting those little goal messages from the monster, as it often helped me write more.   Anywho, I am trying to embrace this turn of events by changing the name and look of my blog, as well as a few other things.  I'll try to get back on track and keep you all posted.   My goal is to have all my articles published and violation free by the end of the month, here is hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment