Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Squidoo is Addictive!

I've mentioned a couple of times that writing on Squidoo is addictive, but reading lenses is as well.  You don't have to be a member to read or like a lens; you can connect with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google, etc.  I like to do searches and just check out what is new and kind of "network" in between writing my own lenses.  There are so many topics that you can pretty much read about almost anything you would want to and if you can't find what you are looking for, then you can write a lens about it - it is a win win situation.  If you aren't careful, you could spend hours on there though.  When I am looking for lenses on a specific topic I tend to get side tracked by all the other great lenses that come up in the search.  For instance, just today I was looking for ideas for a date with my hubby and found a lens on Yorkshire Pudding, which had talked about what they are and even had an easy recipe.  Some of my favorite lenses that others have written, so far, include: Best Travel Toys for Toddlers, Zero Calorie Foods, Centerpieces with Wire Lights, Nap Mats for Preschool, Simple Homemade Fudge Recipe, Forest and Tree Murals...  I'm sure I could add so many more to this list and will probably feature more as time goes on.  You will also find out there are some lensmasters (writers on Squidoo) that almost specialize in certain subjects.  Often with authors such as these, if you like one lens more than likely you will enjoy most of their other lenses.  As for me, I just write about whatever comes to mind that seems like others would be interested in reading, which hopefully hasn't already been done.  I always try to put my own perspective into everything I write, so it can be a different way of looking at the topic.  If you haven't checked it out already, I would definitely recommend that you do, even if you don't want to be a writer on Squidoo, there is so much to look at on the site that it is worth at least one visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment