Monday, June 25, 2012

Learning More About HTML

“Look at what I can do!”
It may not be very exciting to some, as most people writing blogs probably know a lot more about HTML than I do, but I was very excited to find these tips given by another lensmaster: www.squidoo.com/basichtml! I tried some of these neat tricks on my lens www.squidoo.com/dragons-more-reality-than-myth, as well as on this blog entry as you can see, and it really made some things pop and added the color I was looking for. The formatting on lenses seems a little restrictive with certain subjects you may be writing about and I noticed other could change their fonts and add color, but I just didn't know how. I'm excited to use these on future lenses, I just have to make sure not to get too carried away! This is great for anything that you would use HTML for, not just blogs and Squidoo articles. This lensmaster has also written an advanced HTML article...

On a side note, I was invited to join RocketSquids! From the description I was sent, as well as looking at what others have said, this is a work at your own pace Squidoo boot camp. Only those that have less than 25 lenses published can join. Challenges are given throughout the week and you are taught new things as you go. I think this will be a great way to get more involved with the community, highlight some of my lenses, as well as allow me to get some good feed back on how I am doing. I haven't seen my lens rankings changing much and I really need those to get better if I am to make any money from this venture. I am still very new to all this though and have to remember all good things take time - or something like that. Smiley

You will notice that I am very casual on this blog and nontechnical, as I want it to be more of a journal rather than a thought out process - my unedited writings, if you will. I take a lot of pride, as well as put a lot of effort into, my writing on Squidoo. I want it to be my stay at home job, not just my hobby. It is fun and very enjoyable, but I also want my lenses to be informative and helpful. Well, wish me luck and I will keep you updated on what happens while being a member of RocketSquids, which I should be starting in about a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment